Saturday, November 19, 2011

Two necklaces worn three ways for the holidays!

Do you have certain necklaces that you never wear? I do so I decided to take a gold chain and a pearl necklace I could wear separately, but wanted to combine them into a third necklace I could wear for the holidays and beyond. I found a cool vintage rhinestone belt buckle that would help me combine these two necklaces. Below is the finished project. Scroll down to see how it was made!

Above are the pieces I started with.

Next I found grey ribbon at my local craft store and a rhinestone charm that I wanted to use to make an interesting barrette that I could wear in my hair or attach to the necklace when I wanted to glam it up.

Above you can see the tools needed.

I'm making a flower barrette to add to my necklace. Sew the ribbon in a circle kind of like a pinwheel. It doesn't have to be perfect!

I sewed a rhinestone in the center of the ribbon flower.

I put hot glue on the top side of a barrette finding from a craft store and attached the flower I just made
Below you see it worn as a barrette.

Below you can see how I clipped it onto the vintage rhinestone belt buckle and connected the gold chain and the pearl necklace to to the belt buckle and made a really glam holiday necklace I can wear long, or I can wrap it and wear it short! Super quick project! It took less than 30 minutes!

No comments:

Post a Comment