Saturday, November 19, 2011

Silk scarf, menswear fabric and a vintage Paris postcard transformed into a cool handbag!

I admit this DIY handbag project is not for the faint at heart! I made this several years ago and decided I am not a handbag designer! But I still think it is pretty cool!

I took apart a vintage purse and used the old pattern as my template.

I found a pretty floral silk scarf and used that as my front. I scanned in a vintage Paris postcard into the computer and printed it out onto an iron on transfer material. I ironed the picture very carefully onto the silk scarf. I signed my name on the front.

For the back I used a black striped fabric (menswear look).

I sewed it together and attached tot he clasp which was the challenging part! Not only does it get a lot of attention, it looks really cool just hanging on the wall.


No comments:

Post a Comment